There is a life-like naked man statue on Wellesley College’s campus. It’s my alma mater, and it’s a women’s college.
And I’m not linking to the ridiculous other articles that are really disrespectful.
Do yourself a favor and remember not to read the comments.
Responses from Wellesley College Alumnae:
- Gaining Perspective: The Wellesley Debate (a piece written for HollaBack Boston)
- The Sleepwalker’s Dream (an art piece inspired by the statue)
Basically, my 2 cents is this:
- the coverage of this event is really rude and disrespectful to the women who are affected by this statue
- the statue is in the home of the students and they are the ones who should decide if it stays or goes (no one comes into your home forcing art on you)
- and how is it ok to keep forcing an art piece on a person who has their PTSD triggered by it?
I also think that if this was about a piece of art that was triggering soldiers with PTSD it would be an entirely different conversation.
And comments are turned off, because I don’t want to fight with the internet.